Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Naked Mole Rat


Meet the naked mole rat.... Also known as my dog, Max! He got groomed finally. Because of the matted hair and stuff from being a stray, he had to be shaved all the way down. Now he's naked with a beard and mustache. It cracks me up!

The sad part of the story: He has one nail that's so ingrown that they wouldn't clip it for fear of it being infected and not stop bleeding. So he needs to go to the vet.... MONEY! Ah! Also, he's got a tooth that I didn't notice because it's in the back that is so gross that it probably needs to be pulled out and not just cleaned. :( Sad and expensive for both! He's not complaining about the tooth, so I'm going to hope he's ok until I can afford to fix it. The nail however, is going to need fixing soon, it's hurting him bad. Poor guy. Hopefully early next week he can get fixed (after the next paycheck). Anyway, he's cleaned and shaved and almost happy. Hopefully we'll get him all the way fixed up in a week or so.

And then...

This picture here, is Max spazzing out. For some reason, he loves to roll around and push his face across the carpet. They checked for ear problems and said that's not it, so I guess my dog is just goofy...which fits us perfectly. :)

1 comment: