Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Credit Rant

Oh, credit! I find it to be a mostly annoying thing. A few summers ago I found out that there is a Jose Ramirez or Rodriguez... pardon me, but some jerk, illegal Mexican guy... attached to my Social Security number. Obviously, this isn't a good thing. I THOUGHT I got it cleared up then. But, when Geoff and I went to make good on an offer from Chase Bank, he looked at me and said, "I'm assuming this is not pronounced Josie, and that it's not you. You'll probably want to look into that." Well, duh I want to look into it! Stupid people coming here and using MY number to do who-knows-what with! So far, it hasn't been identity theft I guess, but it could head that way.
So now I'm gathering my credit reports *which it's your right to get 1x a year, for free from the 3 companies (Equifax, experian, TransUnion)* and attempting to find out if he just shows up on one, or more- and THEN disputing the whole thing until he's finally cleared away! What a mess!


And, along with dealing with my credit, let's add the school and their difficult ways. "You've been selected for a verification process...blah blah blah." Ok, fine. Submit, submit, submit. Did I get it all yet? Nope. Submit some more. How about now? No, we still want you to work harder for this money. Ugh. Fine. Submit, submit, submit. What about now? We'll see. ANNOYING! I just want my financial aid. I just want to get through this final semester of school, get through student teaching and move on with my life. I can't pay for it on my own-that much seems obvious- but the school is going to give me the run around until I give up. News flash! I'm not giving up! I need the money to finish the degree that I need to get the job I need to live the life I need. For goodness sakes!


I suppose that will conclude my ranting for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment