Also, Geoff and I are what I would officially deem nerds (I know, big shocker). When we're broke (oh wait, that's always) we find our entertainment in cheap ways. Clay falls under this category. Geoff is 100x better at this whole artsy thing than I could ever hope to be, but I still think my characters are kind of cute.
Then there's the ability my new hair cut has... freaking awesome!
And finally, there's our dog.... no wait, he's MY dog. Geoff won't claim him. Lately, Max has been throwing some major fits. Either his separation anxiety has increased or he just decided he was neglected. In any case, he's spread his food and our garbage all over the house and 3 times in 4 days he pooped on the floor and marked a few things with pee. A few of those unfortunate targets: my gym bag (full of my clothes and shoes,) my purse (lovely, eh?) a basket of clean, folded laundry, and the most frustrating one... my temple bag. A very fun list, huh? Needless to say, he's been in some big trouble lately. I finally decided that it would be best to get him a kennel...which I didn't want to do! I bought him a pop-up, tent-like kennel. Very comfy and roomy. The first time I left him in it he managed to catch the zipper just right to just unzip it. The second time, he either clawed or bit right through the netting in front. Great. I even left him with one of my shirts (supposedly that helps them calm down since my scent is on it.) left music on for him and left him a peanut butter treat. It didn't seem to help, no matter what the websites say.
So, I had to step it up a notch. I exchanged the not-so-helpful pop-up version for a thick metal frame kennel. It's not as roomy (because that would have been like $70) and he doesn't really like it, but it works. He whines a little when we leave and throws a fit when we get home but at least the messes are gone and I don't have to step around wondering what I'll find.

No comments:
Post a Comment